Home
Obituaries
Directions
About Us
Services
Product Showroom
Pre-Arrangements
Disposition
For Veterans
Social Security
How to Talk to The Children and Teens in Your Life
Edible Arrangements

Cleveland Rd. Location
17033 Cleveland Road
South Bend, IN 46635
Tel: 574-272-2244

N. William St. Location
521 N. William St.
South Bend, IN 46616
Tel: 574-232-4857

Wheelchair accessible
   

The Welsheimer Funeral Home was founded in 1941 by Arthur C. and Welsheimer at 521 N. William St. in South Bend. They operated the funeral home as a partnership until 1953 when Arthur died. Their son, William, went into partnership with Ruth at that time and the funeral home operated as such until 1959 when the business was incorporated. William A. Welsheimer, Jr. joined the firm in 1974. Major additions were added to the funeral home in 1959 and 1982 to meet the needs of the growing business and a state of the art preparation room was added in 1992.

In 1957 a branch operation was opened on the far north side of the city to serve the rapidly expanding area of Clay Township. This chapel was operated at 52803 US 31 until October of 1986 when it was closed and a new location opened three miles to the east at 17033 Cleveland. This move was made to keep up with the massive population shift to the northeast side of the county. An all-purpose chapel was added in 1998-99 to enable the facility to handle most any situation possible. This chapel is large enough to have the capability of being divided into three chapels for visitation purposes.